1. Cuticle Oil: Always use cuticle oil as it doesn’t just keep your feet soft and moisturized, it also keeps your nail polish from chipping.
Sally Hansen products to use to keep hands/cuticle moisturized:
Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil
Sally Hansen Color Therapy Nail & Cuticle Oil
2. Let Your Cuticles Be: Trimming or cutting cuticles during a manicure is purely cosmetic and sometimes doesn’t benefit the nail in any way. The cuticle is the barrier to protect the surrounding skin and help develop the nail from infections. (Bacteria)
3. The Proper Way to Cut Your Nails: The best way to cut your nails is to make sure you clean under the nail otherwise bacteria could form. Use fingernail clippers for your fingers, and use toenail clippers for your toes. If you are unsure of what shape your nails should have, just look at your cuticles. The U-shape of the cuticle should be reflected (upside down) by the top of your nail. The primary goal is to mirror the shape.
4. All About The Base: Don’t forget your base coat, it helps to give the color something to sink into besides your actual nails.
5. Don’t Forget Your Top Coat: This is a majorly important step if you want your nails to maintain high shine and luster. You can always keep reapplying topcoat every 2-3 days to continuously add strength and shine.